About Me





Hello everyone,


My name is Yen-Shih Chen. I'm from Taiwan. Currently I live in San Francisco. I studied in 3D character animation in the Academy of Art University and got my MFA degree in 2011. Now I'm an advanced character animation program student of Animation Mentor.


I am a hard worker because I believe animation requires a lot of practice. After 4 years of training, I understand the animation foundations in depth. I also developed my own workflow to make sure I can finish my work in time. Furthermore, I love teamwork, especially taking feedback from people. It makes my animation a lot better.


When I'm not working on animation. I like to cook, watch movies, and hang out with friends. So usually I will invite friends to my place and we'll have dinner, or We'll go to the theater. I'm an easygoing person and I feel that helps not only in making friends but also in my future career.


My thesis; "Larry & Pigeon" is my first story. It is a story about how a poor homeless street dancer accidentally changes his live and become a better person. It is a 2 minutes short film, I tried to make the idea of story unique and entertaining, and I also work on modeling, animation and rigging. Hope you like it.